18 October 2009

SAF acknowledged real reason for acting stupid with Referee- Alan Wiley!

United manager has acknowledged that his criticism of referee Alan Wiley's physical fitness was motivated by the poor performance of his team against Sunderland.

The Red Devils drew the game 2-2 at Old Trafford, and an apoplectic Ferguson branded Wiley's fitness as unacceptable after the match.

Now though he has admitted that his remarks were inappropriate and had a ulterior motive at their heart.

"We certainly weren't firing on all cylinders in that game," he said, according to Sky Sports.

"Our passing was woeful and quite out of character which is perhaps why my feelings afterwards got the better of me with regard to the referee.

"That's why I felt later that it was fair to apologise. I hope he has accepted my apology because I have always respected Alan Wiley, who is a good referee, and my remarks were not intended to be a slur on his integrity.

"I hope that I shall have the opportunity to speak to him personally."

Adopted from: Goal.com!

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged