Manchester United are reported to be chasing CSKA Moscow and Russia goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev.
With Edwin van der Sar about to hang up his size XXL gloves, and Ben Foster failing to impress in the United goal, it seems Sir Alex Ferguson has decided he urgently needs a brand new last line of defence.
But who is the £15 million-rated number one? Don't panic, MirrorFootball has compiled a dossier featuring everything you need to know...
1) He broke into the CSKA Moscow first team when he was just 17 years old and won the Russian championship in his first season.
2) In 2004, he became the youngest player ever to represent Russia when he ran out against Norway at the age of 18 years 20 days.
3) He has been voted goalkeeper of the year in Russia for three of the last four seasons.
4) In 2006, he went 362 minutes without conceding a goal in the Champions League, twice keeping clean sheets against Arsenal.
5) He was a member of the Russia team that reached the semi-finals of Euro 2008, but conceded seven goals in two matches against Spain during the tournament.
6) His squad number at CSKA is 35.
7) He has been coached Rinat Dasaev, the USSR goalkeeper voted the best in Europe at Euro 88.
8) He is 6ft 1ins tall – shorter than Edwin van der Sar, Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak.
9) His honours include the UEFA Cup, three Russian Premier League titles and three Russian Super Cups.
10) Now 23, he has also been linked with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Arsenal!