10 August 2010

Ozil will either go to Chelsea or ManUtd



A senior Werder Bremen official has said it is increasingly likely playmaker Mesut Ozil will leave the club this summer, confirming "there is movement" over his transfer amid rumours of firm bids from Manchester United and Chelsea.


Bremen director of sport Klaus Allofs has so far refused to name the interested parties, although it is rumoured both the Premier League giants - as well as Spainsh club Barcelona - have been in contact since the German international turned down a new contract.
Ozil, 21, has publicly suggested he will leave the Bundesliga this summer but, although he is keen on a move to La Liga, Barca's financial situation suggests they will be outbid by either the Red Devils or the Blues.
Allofs told the Kreiszeitung Syke newspaper: "It is possible that there is now a bit of movement in the issue.
"But I am not running backwards and forwards to the fax machine or getting sweaty palms when I check my emails to see if maybe an offer has arrived."
Ozil is expected to command a fee of around £15million despite having just 12 months left on his current deal because he was so impressive at the recent World Cup.
Sir Alex Ferguson gave a thinly-veiled hint he is tracking the midfielder in comments after Sunday's Community Shield victory over Chelsea while Carlo Ancelotti has also sung the youngster's praises in the media.

Post a Comment
Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged