14 January 2011

Kuszczak to SAF: Why do you need anyone else when I'm here?



Tomasz Kuszczak is of the opinion that he is good enough to be Edwin Van Der Sar’s successor at Manchester United.

With the Dutch ace sidelined through sickness and injury, the 28-year-old Pole has been given another chance to prove to Sir Alex Ferguson he doesn’t need to go back into the transfer market to find a new No.1 if Van der Sar retires at the end of the season. Frankly speaking, United are in a terrible goalie crisis. 

But Kuszczak has revealed he will leave the Reds if Fergie doesn’t hand him the job.
“I know I have not got the biggest name in the world but, and I don’t want this to sound arrogant, I think I am good enough,” Kuszczak told MEN Sport.

“I have talked to the boss a few times and he said we will see what happens at the end of the season and I know that in the meantime if I get a chance I have to play well because that is the only way I am going to impress him. If the club decide I am not good enough for them then I will have to go somewhere else.

“If Sir Alex Ferguson decides at the end of the season I am not good enough then I will look for another club."


January Transfer Window
The Reds have bought £3.5m Anders Lindegaard from Norwegian club Aalesund but the Dane appears to be earmarked as a No.2, while Macclesfield-born Ben Amos, 20, is on loan at Oldham until the end of the season.

So if Van Der Sar remains injured for a while, all the responsibility jumps into Kuszczak's hands.

But speculation is rife United will look for an established senior to fill Van der Sar’s gloves with German World Cup ace Manuel Neuer of Schalke, Ajax and Holland first choice Maarten Stekelenburg and Lyon’s French international Hugo Lloris constantly linked with Old Trafford. Sunderland’s Scotland keeper Craig Gordon has also joined the list.

But Kuszczak, who joined United in 2006 after three years at West Brom, has featured in 93 games in his  4 and a half year period. 



Time will tell what's the future of the Polish goalie... But he certainly needs to capitalise on the opportunities handed to him in VDS's absence. 


What do you think?

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged