21 September 2009

Tevez- "United are missing Ronaldo"

The Argentine continues his criticism of his former club

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has continued his campaign of antagonism toward former manager Sir Alex Ferguson by claiming that the Red Devils are missing Cristiano Ronaldo.


Tevez, who recovered from a knee injury to play in Sunday's thrilling 4-3 loss to United, believes the Portuguese star's absence will soon begin to show. "No-one is going to want to say it at Old Trafford, but United are missing Ronaldo," he told
people.co.uk.

"Their results have been favourable but Ronaldo is a real star and it shows when he is not there. Ferguson can't deny that.

"Nani and Anderson are my friends, and they can offer a lot. But the gap left by Cristiano is enormous and very difficult to fill.


"People can make United the favourites but they will have to fight harder than they think for the three points."


Prior to the match Tevez reiterated his belief that Ferguson did not try hard enough to sign him last summer and thought the fans would understand his situation.


"The whole world knows he did not do that much to keep me last season," said Tevez, who put in a lively showing on Sunday, providing the assist to Gareth Barry's goal.


"I don't think people will boo me. The United fans are intelligent and they have recognised the work I put in on the pitch."


"They also know that I did not go for money but because I was not treated correctly in the last part of my second year at the club.


"I have nothing against the fans and I don't think they consider me to be a traitor."

No comments:

Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged