10 September 2009

United threatens Le Havre with action

Paul Pogba, Manchester United Reserves Team member

Manchester United warned Le Havre on Monday that action would be taken against the French club if it continues to claim financial inducements were paid to the family of a teenager signed by the Premier League champions.


Manchester United's chief executive, David Gill, says it is an 'insult' to suggest the club had paid Paul Pogba's parents to secure his signature.

Le Havre's president Jean-Pierre Louvel had claimed the Red Devils offered 16-year-old midfielder Paul Pogba's parents cash and a house to join them in Manchester.


United said it will rigorously defend any complaint by Le Havre to FIFA, which last week banned Chelsea from signing any players until Jan. 2011 for encouraging French striker Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens to join them.


Le Havre accused United of stealing Pogba, who has captained the national team at under-16 level, when he left the club in July.


Louvel said his parents were each offered euro100,000 as well as a house in Manchester for them to live in.


"United has today written to Le Havre AC to put it on notice that action will be taken if such allegations are repeated in relation to the transfer of Paul Pogba," United said in a statement. "Manchester United is entirely satisfied that the transfer of Paul Pogba has been conducted in accordance with the regulations set down by the world governing body, FIFA.


United manager SAF says "United would be 'crazy' to pay parent"


"Manchester United is ready to defend any claim brought against it by Le Havre at FIFA."


United stressed that the documentation relating to the player's registration with the club have already been fully ratified by The Football Association and the Premier League.

Post a Comment
Blog Directory TheReDevilSpot - Blogged